Get Started is looking for an energetic and insightful Digital Strategist to join our growing team in the iconic Georges Building in Melbourne.
Get Started is a digital agency with 40+ passionate professionals that are committed to creating digital experiences that matter. Since 1999 we have been delivering websites and web applications for a broad range of clients, from large multinationals, to government departments and well-known Australian brands. We are proud of the work we produce and we're even prouder of the team we've built.
Our team is rapidly expanding and right now we need to find an experienced Digital Strategist. A Digital Strategist at Get Started is an exciting role that connects the business problems and challenges that our clients are facing with solutions that our talented digital production team can implement. The role requires a deep level of insight, a passion for problem solving and a wealth of digital knowledge.
You will be expected to work closely with the Directors to respond to new business opportunities, and collaborate with clients and the production team to implement the agreed upon digital strategy and tactics. You will also play a key role in promoting the agency through the sharing of our ideas and insights, on our blog and other content distribution channels.
The outputs of your work will include proposals, tender submissions, presentations, whitepapers, blog posts, user journey maps, user personas, and content audits (to name a few!)
We expect your previous roles may not have been called Digital Strategist. It is likely that in the past you've been an Account Manager, Digital Planner, Digital Producer or some other wacky job title that didn't exist 10 years ago...
Stuff you need to know about
(If you need to Google any of these, you might want to look for a different job.)
- User research
- User journeys
- User personas
- Content audits
- Information architecture
- Usability analysis
- User experience design
- Frontend development
- Content management systems
- Digital asset management systems
- Content delivery networks
- Marketing automation
- A/B testing
- Content personalisation
- Search engine optimisation
- Content marketing
Essential Skills & Characteristics
Are you able to put a tick against each of these?
- A university degree
- A real passion for the web and digital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and support skills
- An ability to problem solve under pressure
- A talent for communicating ideas, issues and solutions in a team environment
- An ability to work individually and take responsibility
- An eagerness to work collaboratively
- A focus on deadlines
- Good understanding of the technical components of digital
- A "hard worker" attitude (while we are not your normal "work you to the bone" agency, this is not a 9-to-5 role; there will be times when additional hours are required.)
Why Get Started?
We believe Get Started is a great place to work. Why? Because once people start working at Get Started they generally don't want to leave! In fact, we have people who have chosen to stay with our team for over a decade. Their number one reason? Because they keep loving what they do.
A few other key points just to make sure!
- We strive to be the agency of choice for you and our clients
- We value Quality, Integrity, Family and Fun
- On average, our team members have been with the company for 4.6 years
- We work with awesome clients
- We have a lot of experience and we know what we are doing (15 years is a long time in this industry!)
- All of our work is planned in detail
- Projects are scoped properly from the start
- We have a full project and task management system, which contains all requests and briefs
- The whole company is focused on communication and we are good at it
- We are focused on you and your career
- We provide a great environment, with the right people and as much real espresso coffee as you can drink!
- We have an incredible office, located in the iconic Georges Building in Little Collins St. Seriously, it's awesome.